Hey folks! Elaineabella here with another Marker Geek Monday post to get the week off to the right start…a colourful one!
This week I’ve got a bit of a round up post for you. You may or may not be aware that I have been participating in the wonderful challenge #TheDailyMarker30Day hosted by the equally wonderful Kathy Racoosin. Every day since the start of July as a little personal twist on the challenge I have been colouring a Stamping Bella image and filming the colouring process. The challenge is almost over, and I have only missed one day. This means that I have a nice collection of videos, coloured images and colour maps to go with those images! Since you may have missed some of the colouring action over the course of the last month, I thought it might be a good idea to share here and make sure you don’t miss out on any of the inspiration.
Today’s #TheDailyMarker30Day Colouring:
Here’s my colouring for today, Day 28 of the challenge. I decided to have some fun and colour an old favourite. It’s a nice way to loosen up before starting on all the colouring I need to work through for the next release. 😉
I coloured the image with my trusty Copic markers, and here’s the Copic Colour Map showing all the colours I used:
#TheDailyMarker30Day Coloured Images & Colour Maps:
The rest of my coloured images and the Copic Colour Maps (and one pencil map) for them can be found on my blog. Click through to my #TheDailyMarker30Day page to view them all in one handy location.
Please feel free to save the images or pin them on Pinterest for reference. Please do not download and share them however – instead direct people to this blog post or directly to the page on my blog so they can obtain them that way. Thank you!
Next time Kathy hosts the colouring challenge, I highly recommend joining in. For me it has been a great way to motivate myself to film more colouring videos and get them uploaded on YouTube. It has also been a great way to get myself excited about social media and sharing again too. Plus, I’ve learned some new things about the filming process and things I’d like to improve as I create more videos and content to share with you. For you, the challenge might be a good excuse to dedicate just a little time to colouring each day, and to get out there and share your work. Remember – it’s all about practice, so any small ways you can get yourself practicing can be a massive help.
My #TheDailyMarker30Day Colouring Videos:
You can watch all of my colouring videos filmed during the challenge in the playlist below or in HD over on YouTube. Subscribe to the channel so you don’t miss out on future videos!
Marker Geek Monday Series:
While I’m providing you with a round up of colouring fun, I thought it might also be a good time to do a round up of all the Marker Geek Monday posts so far this year! That way you can check out any posts you may have missed, and have a handy link to any you may want to revisit.
Posts include pinnable images showing colour combinations etc, videos and general tips/info.
- Marker Geek Monday Copic Skin Tones #1
- Marker Geek Monday Copic Hair Combos #1
- Marker Geek Monday Basic Fur Colouring with Markers
- Marker Geek Monday Copic Pig Colour Combos
- Marker Geek Monday Colouring Cute Elephants with Copic Markers
- Marker Geek Monday Cool Chick Copic Combos
- Marker Geek Monday Pencils & Markers #1 (Coloured Pencils vs Coloured Pencils over a marker base.)
- Marker Geek Monday Petunia Pig in Coloured Pencil
- Marker Geek Monday Budget Colouring with Crayola Pencils
- Marker Geek Monday Colouring Red with Copics (Includes bonus Cherry Chick Copic Colour Map.)
- Marker Geek Monday Simple Copic Colouring Combos incl 4 bonus Copic Colour Maps for Monique Loves Macarons
- Marker Geek Monday Copic Colouring Edna Video & Bonus Copic Colour Map
- Marker Geek Monday Copic Colour Charts (using the Copic chart and Sandy Allnock’s Hex Chart)
- Marker Geek Monday Keeping it Simple with Copics includes link to Spectrum Noir comparison chart
- Marker Geek Monday Copic & ProMarker Colour Matching
- Marker Geek Monday Copic Hair Combos #2 featuring Thinkingofyouabella (includes video)
- Marker Geek Monday Copic Pleats and Folds Step by Step with Colouring Video featuring Flowersbehindmybackabella
- Marker Geek Monday Copic Colouring a Ruffled Skirt Step by Step with Colouring Video featuring Tiny Townie Bree
- Marker Geek Monday Colouring with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens featuring Thinkingofyouabella
- Marker Geek Monday Copic Colouring Quick and Easy Fairy Wings featuring Edna Needs a Martini
Over To You!
If you try out the techniques shown in this post with your Stamping Bella stamps, be sure to share! We would love to see the results and hear how you feel about them. Show off your creations in the comments below and even better, share your own favourite tips with us. Let’s talk colour!
If you are posting your images online, we would love to see them on Instagram and all the platforms mentioned above. To make it easier for us to find you just use #markergeekmonday and/or #stampingbella as a hashtag. Even better tag me @markergeek and @stampingbella . We love it when you connect, so don’t be shy!
If you’re on Facebook join us in our private chat group Stamping Bella Sistahood to share your creations there and chat all things Stamping Bella related!
Until next time, HAPPY COLOURING!