after 1.5 years of being a cardmaking blog/shop that it was TIME to post 1 tutorial..LOL.. ya think? So here is DA TUTORIAL for DA WEEKEND.. make copies, share with friends, call everybody you know cuz DIS MAY BE IT.. LOL.. or at least LET US KNOW, if THIS SHOULD BE IT.. LOL!
This card is PHENOM and of course by Nicky.. The technique is called FAUX TEARING
This is what the end result is..
now to prepare for this card
low tack masking tape
ink colors of choice
stipple brushes (one per color family)
coloring medium of choice (we used Lyra Colored pencils with spirits)
Bella DOTS (but of course!)
Bella handpicked ribbon
quickie glue pen
coffee border stamp
1. Tear masking tape or paper very jaggedy to create dimension on either side of the image
2. tap stippling brush into respective inks and then swirl between the two ends of the jaggedy masking tape over the image
3. Make sure you only stipple one color at a time and no more than three colours (Says NICKY who is sitting next to me).. or else it looks muddy/murky
4. peel off G-E-N-T-L-Y… YA HEAR ME???
do you see what I SEEEEEEE???? YUM!! Voila! Faux Tearing!
5. Layer, Embellish and BE HAPPPY!
Nicky’s scallops were made by punching out a 1″ circle
and then she cut them in half and glued under the layer
and there you have it.. FAUX TEARING… CLEAR AS MUD?
you likey da TUTORIAL?
if not, just write Nicky.. it’s HER fault. (LOL)
Mwah to da Sistahs who don’t need to TEAR no mo’